written Monday Sept. 19, 2005...
I can't remember why I didn't publish this when I first wrote it..... Rereading it now, it seems like such a long time ago that I wrote this... but... it still expresses what I feel in my heart.
:)
best day of my life - jesse mccartney
Hehe.. just kidding :) But today was just one of those days :)
- I was late for class but the prof hadn't started teaching yet so I didn't miss anything.
- I stayed up late the night before to finally print out notes and get organized and it was nice to be able to follow along with notes.
-Went to the first HCCF prayer meeting of this year and got to read and pray about Ephesians 1:1-14 :) It was such a nice, bright, corner of 3rd floor MUSC to pray with and talk to Lydia and Kelvin... felt like a mini retreat. There's something about prayer meetings in the middle of a busy day (or even not so busy day) that refreshes and re-energizes you.
-Rushed to Trainor lab to run a subject (3 month old baby girl :)) but her mom called to reschedule so I did some booking for 2 hours instead.
-I realized just how great a blessing it was to be able to volunteer at this lab during the summer... to acquaint myself with the procedures and projects and to gain confidence and skills that are definitely a big advantage and help right now. I think I'd be a little overwhelmed and very insecure, had I not gained some practice and experience in the lab this summer. Instead, I'm happy that I'm one less person Lisa has to train and can be a help to her, with the project I'm assigned to being the only one that's currently underway. The other ones are still in the planning stages....and subjects need to be recruited.... but the project I'm working on is pretty much all sorted out already. I don't need to wait for ethics approval or anything... I know what I need to do and can just do it. I'm very thankful for that.
-Met the newest grad student in the lab, Andy, who also happens to be one of the TAs in my neurobio course. He seems very nice.
-Bumped into some people I hadn't seen since last year (Selina and Maria!) and it just made my day that much happier :) I absolutely love bumping into people all the time, everywhere on campus. It's always such a pleasant surprise to see a friendly face and chat for a few moments before rushing off to my next class or going home. These unexpected encounters seriously make every single day so much happier for me. I love the feeling of knowing people... having a diverse group of friends... and just belonging to Mac :)
-Now I'm at health sci library.. journalling and doing devos before Canadian adolescents... and then meeting Lydia to talk about tonight's lower year small group program.
What can I say... it's just been one of those days where everything's going right and I'm walking around campus with a smile on my face :)
I think this marks one of the first posts that actually fulfills the reason I started this blog in the first place - sharing God's goodness and grace in my everyday life :)
My dad remarked about my "joy & thankful spirit" in an email he wrote me recently. I think he's right... ever since coming back to Mac, things have been exceptionally busy, but also exceptional period. (Apart from my heart and mind being distracted and not in the right place... but that's changing slowly but surely :)) Yesterday at church, Sharon and Bailey also mentioned how happy I seem (per my msn names :P) and how they wish they loved their school as much as I love Mac. I wish everyone could feel this joy that I've had in my heart the past few weeks. The joy of being at a school you know that God wants you at... the joy of knowing you're stepping out in faith to obey God in serving him in a way that you know will bring stress... work... frustration.. maybe doubt and fear, but ultimately knowing that God is faithful and will use this precious opportunity to refine and mold and stretch me in ways I have never experienced. I know that I will get to see some mad Holy Spirit action (hehe :)).. some prayers answered in undeniable ways and just be able to watch up close how God works in powerful, amazing ways in people's lives this year.
Despite my procrastinating, self handicapping, self induced late late late night/early early early morning sleep habits, despite my lack of self efficacy, confidence, experience, faith and ability, despite my extreme inefficiency and stubborn, prideful desire to conquer orgo despite my past track record.......... in spite of all that, I have peace in my heart and know full well that it's going to be a wonderful, life changing year. Not because of who I am, but because of who He is.
God is good... slow to anger and abounding in love. He will discipline me and take care of me and provide for me sufficiently this year as he always has and always will. Already, he's answering prayer and moving in the hearts of CCF members. Lydia was praying for 12 small group leaders this summer. Today, we found out that exactly 12 people confirmed they want to lead small groups and 2 more people are going to help lead behind the scenes. Last week, I think there were only 4 confirmed small group leaders. How amazing is that? What an awesome start to the year - God answering our prayers in such a direct, tangible, obvious way.
I only pray that God's kindness will lead to humility and repentance in my life. I tend to "forget" God when things are going swell... but I know that I cannot and must not.
I'm looking forward to sharing more "God stories" with all of you this year :)
:)
best day of my life - jesse mccartney
Hehe.. just kidding :) But today was just one of those days :)
- I was late for class but the prof hadn't started teaching yet so I didn't miss anything.
- I stayed up late the night before to finally print out notes and get organized and it was nice to be able to follow along with notes.
-Went to the first HCCF prayer meeting of this year and got to read and pray about Ephesians 1:1-14 :) It was such a nice, bright, corner of 3rd floor MUSC to pray with and talk to Lydia and Kelvin... felt like a mini retreat. There's something about prayer meetings in the middle of a busy day (or even not so busy day) that refreshes and re-energizes you.
-Rushed to Trainor lab to run a subject (3 month old baby girl :)) but her mom called to reschedule so I did some booking for 2 hours instead.
-I realized just how great a blessing it was to be able to volunteer at this lab during the summer... to acquaint myself with the procedures and projects and to gain confidence and skills that are definitely a big advantage and help right now. I think I'd be a little overwhelmed and very insecure, had I not gained some practice and experience in the lab this summer. Instead, I'm happy that I'm one less person Lisa has to train and can be a help to her, with the project I'm assigned to being the only one that's currently underway. The other ones are still in the planning stages....and subjects need to be recruited.... but the project I'm working on is pretty much all sorted out already. I don't need to wait for ethics approval or anything... I know what I need to do and can just do it. I'm very thankful for that.
-Met the newest grad student in the lab, Andy, who also happens to be one of the TAs in my neurobio course. He seems very nice.
-Bumped into some people I hadn't seen since last year (Selina and Maria!) and it just made my day that much happier :) I absolutely love bumping into people all the time, everywhere on campus. It's always such a pleasant surprise to see a friendly face and chat for a few moments before rushing off to my next class or going home. These unexpected encounters seriously make every single day so much happier for me. I love the feeling of knowing people... having a diverse group of friends... and just belonging to Mac :)
-Now I'm at health sci library.. journalling and doing devos before Canadian adolescents... and then meeting Lydia to talk about tonight's lower year small group program.
What can I say... it's just been one of those days where everything's going right and I'm walking around campus with a smile on my face :)
I think this marks one of the first posts that actually fulfills the reason I started this blog in the first place - sharing God's goodness and grace in my everyday life :)
My dad remarked about my "joy & thankful spirit" in an email he wrote me recently. I think he's right... ever since coming back to Mac, things have been exceptionally busy, but also exceptional period. (Apart from my heart and mind being distracted and not in the right place... but that's changing slowly but surely :)) Yesterday at church, Sharon and Bailey also mentioned how happy I seem (per my msn names :P) and how they wish they loved their school as much as I love Mac. I wish everyone could feel this joy that I've had in my heart the past few weeks. The joy of being at a school you know that God wants you at... the joy of knowing you're stepping out in faith to obey God in serving him in a way that you know will bring stress... work... frustration.. maybe doubt and fear, but ultimately knowing that God is faithful and will use this precious opportunity to refine and mold and stretch me in ways I have never experienced. I know that I will get to see some mad Holy Spirit action (hehe :)).. some prayers answered in undeniable ways and just be able to watch up close how God works in powerful, amazing ways in people's lives this year.
Despite my procrastinating, self handicapping, self induced late late late night/early early early morning sleep habits, despite my lack of self efficacy, confidence, experience, faith and ability, despite my extreme inefficiency and stubborn, prideful desire to conquer orgo despite my past track record.......... in spite of all that, I have peace in my heart and know full well that it's going to be a wonderful, life changing year. Not because of who I am, but because of who He is.
God is good... slow to anger and abounding in love. He will discipline me and take care of me and provide for me sufficiently this year as he always has and always will. Already, he's answering prayer and moving in the hearts of CCF members. Lydia was praying for 12 small group leaders this summer. Today, we found out that exactly 12 people confirmed they want to lead small groups and 2 more people are going to help lead behind the scenes. Last week, I think there were only 4 confirmed small group leaders. How amazing is that? What an awesome start to the year - God answering our prayers in such a direct, tangible, obvious way.
I only pray that God's kindness will lead to humility and repentance in my life. I tend to "forget" God when things are going swell... but I know that I cannot and must not.
I'm looking forward to sharing more "God stories" with all of you this year :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home