thankful.

:)

Monday, September 12, 2005

James 5:16

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

I can't begin to express or explain what a blessing my housemates are to me. It would take way too much time and space to tell about the countless times they have comforted me, prayed for me, encouraged me, rebuked me, convicted me, inspired me...... God knew what he was doing, putting the 4 of us together. We balance each other out completely... Jess with her practicality, get-things-done efficiency and belly ache causing, ab-forming stories and comments that are SO hilarious :D.... Amanda with her cheerful, bright personality.. Scarb music, donk use of non Webster dictionary words.... and Lydia, the loving motherly one that keeps us grounded, in check and on track. Me...I guess I'm the baby of the house (along with Amanda).. although technically Jess is the youngest.

But these girls are more than housemates - they're sisters in Christ. Based on the verse James 5:16, we've had a weekly (pretty much) prayer/sharing/accountability time since we first started living together last year. And God has blessed us abundantly with the peace that comes with prayer, the freedom that comes from transparency with each other... and the healing that comes from confessed sin and repentence. We've grown closer than ever and I give thanks for this accountability group I can so freely share with and grow from.

Tonight was the first (extended) 5:16 of third year... and my heart is so full of thanksgiving, admiration, awe and praise to God for what he has been teaching each of us the past 4 months of summer... what he's shown us...done for us and how he keeps on faithfully continuing the good work he has started in each of us.

There's too much to share... but God definitely spoke to me tonight through Amanda's sharing what God's revelaed to her this summer about boundaries... guarding a brother's and your own heart... and relationships with guys in general. Praise God that things are more clear to me now... and I still need to pray more about it, but I'm leaning towards renewing my original promise to God.

More on this later... it's bedtime :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home