history repeating itself...
Sunday, September 11, 2005
where is your heart - kelly clarkson
Colossians 3:1-2 (ESV)
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Things have been very busy... but very fun. I've been loving every minute back in Hamilton. There's always something to do... someone to see... somewhere to go. Well maybe not *always*, but close enough. Just today, I caught up with one of my roommates from first year for over 3 hours over cheese and tomato omelettes :) It was amazing to see pictures of her time in Malawi serving God and the orphans there with Children of the Nations. She's grown so much spiritually and is such an encouragement to me in my own walk with God. (Melissa, I loved catching up with you and getting to talk to you... :) Sooo looking forward to our weekly dates! :)) Then, my housemates and I spent most of the evening together enjoying a little street festival in Westdale that was so cute :) "Westitalia" is "Where everyone is Italian for three days in September!" :) Had some good food... listened to some live bands playing oldies... saw lots of old people :)... sampled some chocolate and spreads... just had a really good time with my girls. Afterwards, we went to a place in Dundas called "Room for Dessert", which serves, I think, the best homemade ice cream I've ever had. No joke. 8 Ogilvie Street... everyone who visits Hamilton has to go there :P
But right now...my desk is a mess, covered with books, papers, CDs, stationary and random collected junk... my floor is clean, but littered with bags, books, boxes of unpacked things. I really could have made time to be all unpacked and settled in by now, but I haven't. Instead, I've been occupied with going out, eating out, catching up, spontaneous late night chats.... and just taking it easy when I'm not doing any of the above. Before my parents get too concerned though :P, I realize that I need to buckle down and get my act together. This year is too important and too precious to just sit back and watch it go by. Opportunities, time, abilities and talents must be used to the fullest extent. I need to push myself and persevere and not be afraid to try my best for once.
The most important thing for me right now though, is to get my heart and my mind and my thoughts back on track. I need to realign them.... bring them in sync.... set them all back on things above. I think each of them have been in the right place at some point during the past week, but not all of them, all at the same time. I need to spend some serious quality time with God.
A huge thing for me this year will be priorities. I need to get them straight. Right along with discipline, priorities are crucial.
1. God
2. school
3. hccf
Of course, nestled among these 3 are family and friends....... but I don't know how much time I can devote to keeping in touch with friends at home.. but I guess that's partly what this blog is for...:) Instead of sending 10 emails out to share about what God's been teaching me.. or some epiphany I've had... or when I'm so thankful and happy I'm going to burst.... I can just blog :)
But right now, it's 3am... and it's definitely not the time to be blogging. I've gotta get up in 6 hours for church. One thing (of many) I want to change this year... is sleeping early Saturday nights. I want to be awake and alert enough to be fully present at church and listen to Pastor Bob's message attentively..
Goodbye party mode.... hello serious mode.
....and there it is. I'm doing the exact same thing I did last year... except it's even more prolonged this year. Almost into November.... instead of mid September.
...I am a student.
I am a STUDENT.
"I need to push myself and persevere and not be afraid to try my best for once..."
This is me signing off to go and do just that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home