thankful.

:)

Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Thank you so much, Dad."

I went to Westside today with my brother... and I'm glad I did! I'm hooked - I love it there. The passion, the worship, the convicting teaching from God's Word, the friendly, smiley Koreans... haha. I love it all. Today, I finally got to hear Pastor Paul preach.... and it's true, the man sweats when he preaches :P He's a great speaker, a pastor full of passion, conviction and love for our gracious, loving God.

I'm glad I went to Westside today because.... my near bursting, grateful heart was able to worship among other hearts that echoed an inexpressible joy and thankfulness to our incomparable, Almighty, all-loving and all-gracious Father. I can't explain it.... but I'm so glad I went. It's almost like.... I needed to hear Pastor Paul proclaiming God's goodness at the top of his voice. Because my heart couldn't agree more.

Psalm 103:1-5


Praise the LORD, O my soul;

all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the LORD, O my soul,

and forget not all his benefits-

who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit

and crowns you with love and compassion,

who satisfies your desires with good things

so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.




Words seem so inadequate.
They fail... and could never express fully what our God has done for us through Jesus. The hope and joy and peace and meaning He has given us. The amazing grace and love He has showered on us as His beloved children.

Pastor Paul shared how touched he was when his own son once said the words, "Thank you so much, Dad." to him. He was so moved by those words of gratitude it gave him butterflies in his stomach. They made him want to do anything for his son.


Words fail. But I know that God hears the heartfelt thank you echoing from the depths of my heart and soul. And I think He's smiling because I'm smiling.
:)


happy thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home