thankful.

:)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

1 Peter

I read 1 Peter last week. Amanda and I are studying it this term, once a week, using the inductive Bible study method. I wanted to read through the whole thing just to get a feel for what it's mainly about... and the word "suffer" jumped out at me. I circled "suffer" and its various forms in my Bible; it's mentioned a total of 18 times in the 5 chapters of 1 Peter.


Suffering.... not a pleasant topic. But God doesn't dance around it - he tells us plainly that we will experience suffering and hardship as Christ followers.

I remember hearing once, probably in a sermon, that trouble, hardship, temptation, persecution.... all these "bad" or difficult things mean that we're doing something right. Because Satan would leave us alone if we weren't doing anything to further God's kingdom or our relationship with Him....if we were just believing and following the world and its destructive ways.

So right now... during a time in my life when I've recently come out of a long, turbulent, metaphoric storm... my heart is happy and I'm full of God's joy and praise for all that He's blessed and taught me through it all. I can honestly thank God for every single tear shed, every cry for help, every desperate night... because I know beyond any doubt that He heard every single prayer - uttered out loud and whispered inside - and he faithfully answered them all. Like Pastor Paul said on Sunday, every single trial and challenge is ultimately used to reveal God's goodness to us. We just need to patiently and faithfully persevere and endure until God reveals the purpose of what we went through in His perfect timing. And in the meantime, keep fixing our eyes on the faithful One who has promised He will never leave us... and that in all things, He works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose. His grace is sufficient for me... His power is made perfect in weakness. He will never let us be tempted beyond what we can bear, but will always provide a way out so that we can stand up under it. What amazing promises, what comfort and reassurance we have in the Truth.


So I welcome the hardships, the trials, the temptations, even the suffering... all the while clinging on to all of God's gracious promises and knowing with all my heart that He is faithful and will never give up on me. Even if I give up on Him. He is constant forever and doesn't change no matter how much I change. Praise God for that. It's all up to Him and no matter how much I screw up, there's nothing He can't fix and make beautiful in His time (e.g. me! and you!) :) In the end, He will accomplish what he has planned: "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted." - Job 42:2


I'm definitely basking in the sunshine after the rain right now..... but I'm also ready for whatever is next.

Bring it, Satan!!
*game face*
haha :P



P.S. No more blogging for me for a while.... unless something reeeeally cool happens and I have to share it :P But for the month of October, I'm hibernating in the library and (re) finding my inner nerd :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home