unforgettable weekend at QUEEN'S :)






Queen's is ALWAYS so much fun :) :) This is my fourth time going... and it was possibly the best visit yet. Short but sweet and jam packed full of fun and friends :)
I am very thankful for..
**Oli - my brother and good friend, the only person who will tell me straight up to stop eating out of tough love :P, great car-mate and good talks/bonding time during the 8+ hours spent in the car (along with Lydia!!!), excellent and safe driver :), stopovers at Timmy's, McDonalds and Toronto there and back. Thanks Oli :)
**Cheung family - pleasant (and long!!) conversations with Auntie Amy, Uncle Tom and Emily :), the chance to practice my Cantonese for a few hours :), delicious home-cooked Chinese dinner, Beethoven Symphony No. 5 piano duet with Lydia :) Thank you for such hospitality and treating me like part of your family :)
**Amelia - my best friend from high school, never failing to show me an amazing time at Queen's, very late night/early morning heart to hearts :), shopping at Cataraqui, Queen's medical variety night :P, a long but fun girls night out :), drama-rama to make things memorable :P, Leonard Caf x2 and constant eating of yummy food the whole weekend, sharing your bed for 2 nights, introducing me to countless super nice people (and finding out we're ALLLL connected in CRAZY ways:P), Bethel on Sunday and Shoeless Joe's afterwards... Thank you so much for your friendship and a wonderful weekend in Kingston :) :)
**Eric - partners in scheming :P, long time church buddies, overall great brother and friend (despite no introduction to Dr. Jon... hahaha) :) Thanks for everything.
**Janice - coming to Bethel with your housemate instead of KCAC, getting to talk and spend more time with you at lunch afterwards! :) Thank you for going out of your way and I hope you weren't too late for your meeting!
**Old friends - bringing Jaffray to Kingston :), Lincoln, Calvin, Terrence, great to see all these familiar faces in a somewhat new place and catch up a bit! :) I forgot that more than 2 people from home went to Queen's :P
**New friends - too many extremely nice and friendly and sweet people to list :) I love the feeling of instant friendship that I experienced with so many people this weekend... like you've been friends forever even though you just met :)
**Kingston - small city with warm and friendly people that reminds me of Kitchener :), white people (I love white people...hehe), that distinct and unmatched small town feel :), blistering wind and cold that makes me thankful for Hammy's milder weather :P
**Lydia - my sister, best friend (1 of 12 :P) and housemate, for going through everything together, understanding each other, being similar to each other... definitely glad we experienced Kingston together this weekend :) Thank you for who you are!
**My family - a delicious and wonderful Italian dinner together (with Ed :), for letting me be so loud and obnoxious whilst sharing Queen's stories despite being in a public (and fancy) place :P, for loving me unconditionally. I'm glad I got to spend time with you this weekend :) Thank you.
I'm abundantly, wonderfully, graciously blessed to live this life I live. Thank You. I'm smiling from the inside out :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home