romans 2:3-4




I just had to post those few more pictures. I was at Health Sci 2 hours ago taking a break and checking email, and Amanda sent out a link to her October album.... so I was looking through all the pictures and I had to keep myself from laughing out loud at quite a few of them (notably Lindsay's driver's license!!!!!!!!! :PPPPP). But these ones came in a close second.... hahahaha.....I almost forgot about Lydia's ginormous old Polaroid camera she brought back to Hammy a few weeks ago :P It was the size of my head.
Anyway.... on to other (bigger :P) things....
Yesterday's post reminded me of this verse. It's one I've been giving some thought to lately.
Do you suppose, O man--you who judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself--that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? (ESV)
Pastor Bob is starting a new series of messages called "Too Close for Comfort". I think it's a much needed reminder about remembering that our God is a holy, perfect, just God who has zero tolerance for the sin in our lives.. no matter how small and insignificant we might deceive ourselves into thinking it is. A lot of focus has been put on the grace that God gives us.... expressed in the utmost through Jesus' death and resurrection. But the flip side of that is the reverence and holy fear that God deserves and commands.
A.W. Tozer, in "Whatever Happened to Worship", writes: "It [the fear of God] should hover over us like the cloud over Israel. It should lie upon us like a sweet, invisible mantle. It should be a force in the conditioning of our inner lives. It should provide extra meaning for every text of Scripture. It should be making every day of the week a holy day and every spot of ground we tread holy ground."
What a good quote.
(No, I'm not reading Tozer...although I want to... and no, I haven't turned into Arthur :P... that quote was in the bulletin :))
Kinda makes you stop and think a bit about how you view God....and your attitude towards Him.....if it's indeed too casual.
I'm really looking forward to Pastor Bob's next few sermons.

1 Comments:
At 10/28/2005 10:54 a.m.,
Dordor said…
you gals are too cute! good luck with all your tests/mid-terms hon!
Love ya
Post a Comment
<< Home