Now I see...
Because of the LORD's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. - Lamentations 3:22-23
I'm so blessed.
-to know God
-for His faithfulness, love, mercy, grace... his whole indescribable character of which I only know and have experienced the very smallest fraction
-to be saved
-to know the truth and to have something to live for - meaning, purpose, hope
-to be seen as I truly am, the ugliest parts, and still have parents and siblings who love me
-to be shown and touched by so much imperfect, human love in this life on earth and to know that my heavenly Father's love is far greater in every single unimaginable way
-for God to have placed in my life the very best family, friends, sisters, housemates, people ... to encourage, support, spur on towards knowing and loving Him, carry, pray for, bless and love me here on this earth.
-because God pursues me and will never give up on me
I am so blessed. My life is so full.
I'm back...
and only God's goodness and love and faithfulness and grace could have compelled me to share and tell how truly good He is to me. It's been a while... half a year. It's been a long road... one I never thought would be in God's plan for me to travel and experience. I've been confused, sad, lonely, lost, troubled, tested...and so much more. But I've also been comforted, supported, uplifted, prayed for, encouraged, moved, grateful...blessed through it all. There were times I needed faith...I needed hope....I needed to know God knew and understood and was still there, in me, around me, protecting me, leading me, walking in front and behind me. Deep inside, I think I knew He was always there and never left me. I think my eyes just stopped looking up and staying fixed on our gracious, loving Father. I gradually stopped looking and listening to God.. and instead was deceived by the world's lies and standards... becoming absorbed in my inadequacies. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. With Him, I can do everything HE has planned for me.
May my eyes and heart never wander, but stay transfixed on my source of hope, joy, strength, desire, drive, meaning.
" Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12: 2
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10: 23


3 Comments:
At 9/16/2006 10:53 p.m.,
Sharon said…
yay =D
At 9/19/2006 8:58 p.m.,
Dordor said…
very touching drocs!
Welcome back. :)
At 9/21/2006 1:36 a.m.,
Dorcas said…
i thank God for you guys :) from the bottom of my heart. thank you for your prayers and support.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home