.... it's going to be a Sweet November :) teehee
Last week while I was at Thode cramming, I was thinking about how I'm going to celebrate finishing exams in December. I end early this year, so not too many people are done when I'm done. I decided that the celebration after my night exam will consist of the biggest mint candy cane hot chocolate I can get from Second Cup, and walking around Westdale looking at display windows and houses decorated with Christmas lights, all bundled up, just me and my hot chocolate :) I really love Westdale, especially around Christmas time, and especially at night when you can see the red and green lightbulbs they put in all the street lamps every year around that time. And then, depending on who's done with me or who wants to take a study break, Snooty's is highly likely.... as is staying an extra day in Hammy to bake the whole world cookies and cook dinner for my ever donk (in a good way :)) housemates.. like last year :)
Anyway... I don't think I'll be posting very regularly for the next little while.. (or maybe just shorter posts)..... last Tuesday night I had my last midterm and things are kiiinda slowing down for November...but I just really want to focus on getting my priorities on track.
I had a..moderate epiphany while walking back home from my not-so-great midterm. It was so simple, yet profound and liberating for me. I find myself surrounded by all these disciplined people this year, and I was just thinking... what's stopping me from being like them? Why can't I be like them? And then realized... I CAN. I have the power and freedom to CHOOSE to be disciplined like that. Moment by moment... I control how I spend my time, what I do with it.... whether I squander it.. or choose to be ridiculously inefficient.... it's a choice, and I can choose to be different, to change, to start living the way I want to live.
:)
God is good... for helping me relearn that simple, but important lesson. Albert's reference to Jesus feeding the 5000 with one little boy's offering of 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, which was all he had, and Arthur's "God loves little people: Part II" sermon today was a good encouragement as well :) God uses the weak to shame the strong... His grace is sufficient for me, and His power shines through in my weaknesses. Yay God, that he can and will use even me, the weakest of the weak.
Oh, P.S., I joined the Pulse (school gym) on October 27th. I've gone twice and it wasn't that bad.... it actually feels really good to work out. Will update on the whole working out/gym thing in about a month :P Along with everything else...
Have a happy November :)
Anyway... I don't think I'll be posting very regularly for the next little while.. (or maybe just shorter posts)..... last Tuesday night I had my last midterm and things are kiiinda slowing down for November...but I just really want to focus on getting my priorities on track.
I had a..moderate epiphany while walking back home from my not-so-great midterm. It was so simple, yet profound and liberating for me. I find myself surrounded by all these disciplined people this year, and I was just thinking... what's stopping me from being like them? Why can't I be like them? And then realized... I CAN. I have the power and freedom to CHOOSE to be disciplined like that. Moment by moment... I control how I spend my time, what I do with it.... whether I squander it.. or choose to be ridiculously inefficient.... it's a choice, and I can choose to be different, to change, to start living the way I want to live.
:)
God is good... for helping me relearn that simple, but important lesson. Albert's reference to Jesus feeding the 5000 with one little boy's offering of 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, which was all he had, and Arthur's "God loves little people: Part II" sermon today was a good encouragement as well :) God uses the weak to shame the strong... His grace is sufficient for me, and His power shines through in my weaknesses. Yay God, that he can and will use even me, the weakest of the weak.
Oh, P.S., I joined the Pulse (school gym) on October 27th. I've gone twice and it wasn't that bad.... it actually feels really good to work out. Will update on the whole working out/gym thing in about a month :P Along with everything else...
Have a happy November :)

5 Comments:
At 11/12/2005 1:56 a.m.,
Dordor said…
I need to talk to you hun! Love yas! God IS good...we at western ACF is prayin for you guys!
At 11/13/2005 2:13 p.m.,
Dorcas said…
:) we have muc kiy!! hehehe.
thanks for calling and the wonderful catch up time :)
it's such a blessing to pray for other groups and to be prayed for! the inter campus connection is awesome :) and i absolutely can't wait to hear more about what's happening with you and acf in less than a month! ;)
see you nov. 22.... :D
love you!
xoxox
At 11/13/2005 9:12 p.m.,
jonathan said…
DORK HAS A BLOG??
At 11/14/2005 9:12 p.m.,
Dorcas said…
-____________-
i'm sorry, did someone not JUST say the other day that he was nice?
sigh. way to be nice, JON.
:P
yeah, i have a blog..
i've kept it pretty low-key til recently.. and now with lydia's blog stalking campaign (:P) to link everyone in ccf closer together, which i support, i suppose it'll be more public.
soo... hullah hccf, tjcac and mcbc! :P
link away if you wanna :)
At 11/15/2005 1:18 a.m.,
Lydia said…
lol... BLOG STALKING CAMPAIGN?!?!? awwww... somehow... that doesn't sound as appealing as the actual intentions of promoting the community.. >.<
hehe...
Post a Comment
<< Home