... i love steve fee.
A lot has happened since exams ended. Stayed a few extra days in Hamilton...and it was lots of fun. Everything from baking cookies to watching movies to super fun spontaneous snowball fights and tray-bogganing in the middle of the night to lots of hanging out with people I don't normally get to hang out with to even a really good time at my prof's Christmas potluck gathering... all made postponing my going home worth it. I also got to visit Amelia at Queen's for a few days... and we had such a good time. I loved it.
I haven't blogged for a while..... I wrote a few posts..but just ended up saving them as drafts. I guess I just felt they weren't worth publishing. I did write this exactly one week ago though: My time with God...ever since my last exam... has been lacking. And yet... he graciously helps me realize that I need him more than ever. It's sad that it takes something that scares you....something that shakes you up.... to go running to God for help and wisdom and guidance. At the same time, I'm thankful for God placing this in my life right now.... to help me keep up this 40 days of giving Him my undivided attention and focus.
It's funny (not really) that what God placed in my life to pray about and listen for his leading about more than a week ago still hasn't compelled me to run to him and seek him wholeheartedly. What is it about the holidays that makes one (i.e. me) forget the sole person behind the whole holiday in the first place?? Well, maybe not forget, but definitely not give the proper attention and focus and place.
I was listening to Sacred Space tonight and some of the songs just... fit.
Altar
Strip away the evidence of me, Until Your glory is all there is to see, Lead me Lord onto the altar again. Hide me in the shadow of Your wing, Guide me to the place of offering, Lead me Lord onto the altar again. Lead me to the Altar of sacrifice Where I place my heart, my will, my life, Everything before You I lay down, All of my trophies and my crowns, Lead me Lord onto the Altar again. Purify my heart, consume my will, Burn in me a passion deeper still, Lead me Lord onto the altar again. All of me surrendered to Your ways, All for You and only for Your fame, Lead me Lord onto the altar again.
Let Me Be
Hello hello to the tears you cry, Hello hello to your darkest nights. Where do you go hide when there's nowhere to go, Who do you confide in, Who do you know. Will you let me be the one to surround you, Will you let me be the one to hold you tonight, Be the one to love you for all time. Hello Hello to reality, Hello to the one that you never Thought you would be. Where do you hide when there's nowhere to go, Who do you confide in, Who do you know. Will you let me be the one to surround you, Will you let me be the one to hold you tonight, Be the one to love you for all time.
What Else Can I Do
Your love for me is a healing comfort for me
Your grace to me is a matchless gift to me
Your power in me is a mighty river in me
At the end of the day with the setting of the sun
After all is said and done
What else can I do but worship
What else can I do but bow
'Cause all I really long for is You
And all I really yearn for is You
Your sovereignty is a sure foundation for me
Your care for me is enduring peace in me
Your hope in me brings a sweet surrender to me
At the end of the day with the setting of the sun
After all is said and done
What else can I do but worship
What else can I do but bow
'Cause all I really long for is You
And all I really yearn for is You
I haven't blogged for a while..... I wrote a few posts..but just ended up saving them as drafts. I guess I just felt they weren't worth publishing. I did write this exactly one week ago though: My time with God...ever since my last exam... has been lacking. And yet... he graciously helps me realize that I need him more than ever. It's sad that it takes something that scares you....something that shakes you up.... to go running to God for help and wisdom and guidance. At the same time, I'm thankful for God placing this in my life right now.... to help me keep up this 40 days of giving Him my undivided attention and focus.
It's funny (not really) that what God placed in my life to pray about and listen for his leading about more than a week ago still hasn't compelled me to run to him and seek him wholeheartedly. What is it about the holidays that makes one (i.e. me) forget the sole person behind the whole holiday in the first place?? Well, maybe not forget, but definitely not give the proper attention and focus and place.
I was listening to Sacred Space tonight and some of the songs just... fit.
Altar
Strip away the evidence of me, Until Your glory is all there is to see, Lead me Lord onto the altar again. Hide me in the shadow of Your wing, Guide me to the place of offering, Lead me Lord onto the altar again. Lead me to the Altar of sacrifice Where I place my heart, my will, my life, Everything before You I lay down, All of my trophies and my crowns, Lead me Lord onto the Altar again. Purify my heart, consume my will, Burn in me a passion deeper still, Lead me Lord onto the altar again. All of me surrendered to Your ways, All for You and only for Your fame, Lead me Lord onto the altar again.
Let Me Be
Hello hello to the tears you cry, Hello hello to your darkest nights. Where do you go hide when there's nowhere to go, Who do you confide in, Who do you know. Will you let me be the one to surround you, Will you let me be the one to hold you tonight, Be the one to love you for all time. Hello Hello to reality, Hello to the one that you never Thought you would be. Where do you hide when there's nowhere to go, Who do you confide in, Who do you know. Will you let me be the one to surround you, Will you let me be the one to hold you tonight, Be the one to love you for all time.
What Else Can I Do
Your love for me is a healing comfort for me
Your grace to me is a matchless gift to me
Your power in me is a mighty river in me
At the end of the day with the setting of the sun
After all is said and done
What else can I do but worship
What else can I do but bow
'Cause all I really long for is You
And all I really yearn for is You
Your sovereignty is a sure foundation for me
Your care for me is enduring peace in me
Your hope in me brings a sweet surrender to me
At the end of the day with the setting of the sun
After all is said and done
What else can I do but worship
What else can I do but bow
'Cause all I really long for is You
And all I really yearn for is You

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home